""Hidup beri kita beratus alasan utk menangis, Allah beri kita beribu kekuatan untuk tersenyum!.""

Monday, February 4, 2008

Hijab Poem

Hijab Poem

Me,
Love,
Respect,
Sense of Self,
Covering my hair,
Showing Allah I care,
Protecting my modesty,
Exchanging lies for honesty,
Without Hijab, no one could tell,
Unprotected; without my Islamic shell,
Lies, as if to tell the world “Muslim, I am not”,
“I want to die with all of you and burn in Hell so hot”,
“Come men and talk with me, I am married but do not care”,
“I give you my permission to desire with your unbroken stare”,
“I want to show you what I have, make it look pretty for you to see”,
“I want you to desire and lust while other Hijab wearing woman envy me”,
But I chose to be honest letting the world to see, I am a Muslimah so happy,
Free from Satin’s enslavement, free for Jena ’s engagement, I am free!,

Allah’s blessings so gently bestowed upon my head, gently in deed,

Hugs from the cloth that covers me, Liberated from Satin’s greed,

I am a Muslimah, Shouting it out yet silently without a voice,

I am a Muslimah, I am a Muslimsha by my own choice,

No man owns me, no man controls me, I am free,

Allah owns me, Allah freed me to be me,

Allah loves me, I respect Allah,

Allah is my God, Oh Allah!

I am me, I am a Hijabi!

My Sense of Self,

My Respect,

Love,

Me!

-Heather Al Khiyari-





Ucu Lina: Thanks for adik Fauzan for this poem...So Creative & touching.. I'm proud to wear hijab...

No comments: